miércoles, 26 de febrero de 2014

Review on Past Tense

Hello there again!!

The assignment for the upcoming Tuesday will consist of reading the following passage and answering some questions.

Here you go!

Sick on Saturday

I have just had a terrible weekend! On Saturday I was so tired that I slept all morning. When I woke up I had a headache and my throat was sore. My body ached all over. My nose ran and I coughed a lot. My mother took my temperature but I did not have a fever.
My mother made me some soup for lunch and I ate it in bed. Idrank some juice. I tried to read a book but I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I lay in bed all afternoon. I drifted in and out of sleep. I drank more juice. I felt miserable all afternoon. I didn’t want to do anything.
I got out of bed at dinner time. My parents ordered pizza for dinner and I was able to eat some of it. I drank more juice! I felt a bit better after dinner so I stayed up. I snuggled under a blanket on the couch and watched some TV with my parents. I fell asleep in front of the TV.
The next morning I felt better but now my mother had a cold! She looked miserable. It was her turn to be sick.  

Questions:

1. In your very own words say: what happened to the person who is telling the story (mention tha kind of sickness and some details related to it)?

2. Why do you believe he/she had a headache?

3. Why do you believe he/she didn't have have a fever?

4. When was the last time you got sick? What symptoms did you have?

5. How did you recover from your sickness?

As you know, the deadline is Tuesday, March 4th at 4:00 pm. Try to answer the questions in the corresponding order. For questions 4 and 5, you can create a separate paragraph.

Remember!!! if any questions, do not hesitare to get in contact with me.
Good luck and best regards,

Juan

7 comentarios:

  1. solution of questions:
    1R// He was telling how was your weekend. He explained his illness. His illness was a cold. then, in the nigth he recover.
    2R// he was more sleeped. because, Or he was very tired
    3R// Because, he had only a cold. Or for the care his mother had
    4R// In my vacations, I had something of fever with symptoms as: headache, I wanted to vomit, and malaise
    5R// Complete rest and I was lees liquid

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Answer 1: He was so tired that. He slept all morning. He had a headache. He drank a lot of juice. He tried to read a book but he couldn’t keep his eyes open. He felt miserable all afternoon. His parents ordered pizza for dinner and he was able to eat some of it. He snuggled under a blanket on the couch and watched some TV with his parents. He fell asleep in front of the TV. He had a cold!
    Answer 2: He had a headache because he was cold.
    Answer 3: He didn’t fever because he didn’t flu.
    Answer 4: I had flu a year ago. I feel slow and tired. I had a headache and bones pain.
    Answer 5: I recover me out my house. I drank a lot citric juice.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. 1). the person was tired,he had hangover symtoms, because he wasn't ate and drunk some food
    2).because in weekend he had a bad it.
    3).because he didn't had a flu symtomps
    4).in friday because he woke up at the weekend bad. he didn't ate, he had fatigue, he had so much dream
    5).he recovered only slept in the sofa.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. QUESTIONNAIRE DEVELOPMENT

    1: • In the morning he was felt so sick and has different kind of symptoms and he can’t got up to his bed, but in the afternoon he got up to eat pizza, later to the next day he felt so much better, but his brother is sick.
    • Headache sore throat, body aches, cough

    2: • Because he sleep all the morning and he was sick.
    3: • He wasn't fever because he just feel the symptoms, but he don’t had flu
    4: • i was sick two months ago , I’m have headache, I don’t want to eating in all the day, I sleep so much, I felt weak,
    5: I was drinking drugs , i make exercises because to this way I'm feel better, my mom prepared to me a soup and i was sleep all the day

    ResponderEliminar
  5. 1)He had a terrible weekend, he was so tired, he had a headache and his throat was sore. His mom took his temperature but he didn´t fever.

    2) He was in a rock concert hence he had headache.

    3)He didn´t have fever because he wasn´t sick, he was so tired for the concert.

    4) I had appendicitis last week, I had stomach ache, I had fever and I had body aches.

    5) I use my meds, I stay in my bed and I eat healthy.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. 1. The person of the text had a cold. She had a headache and a throat sore. She caughed a lot and her body ached all over.

    2. I believe She had a headache because she was not sleeping well, I mean she didn't rest enough to recover her energy for another work o study day.

    3. I'm not sure about that but maybe she didnt have a fever because she was not too sick to have a fever.

    4. I was intoxicated with something that I ate at lunch. I had a stomach ache, I was pale and so sickness, I was discouraged and I didn't want to eat anything. I just wanted to go to bed and rest.

    5. To feel myself better I went to the doctor and He gave me some medicines and he said to me that I didn't have to eat fatty food, that I had to drink serum bottle and that I had to rest.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar